Custom Search

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Indignation

(I am in denial)

Dear Weather,

don't you think that we've all had enough of you this season? In fact, let me rephrase this: don't you think we've had more than enough of you for this season and the previous half a dozen at least?

I thought we had an implicit agreement that spring was in the air. Sure enough, it was pretty cold these last few days and the wind was very chilly at times, but there was a definitely springy sunshine and the air smelt of renewal. Until this morning, when I awoke to a snow blizzard and white wet stuff everywhere.

I feel cheated.

I just wanted to let you know that my patience with your quirky behavior is running out. This should better be the last we are seeing of you for this year. Or else...

7 comments:

Red Whortleberry said...

I prefer snow to what we had last week:)))

Jelica said...

I wasn't here last week but I'd take anything but snow now :)

Polly said...

blizzard? really? oh no... not that I'm trying to upset you, but spring is definietly back here in London

I hope it stays...

Dumdad said...

Hear, hear! We thought Spring was about to, er, spring a week or so ago and then back came the freezing weather. Minus 4 this morning. That's enough please!

Jelica said...

I can feel a pan-European solidarity in the face of this awful weather (UK doesn't count as Europe in this case, as in many others :)))

Unknown said...

I'll sign this too! London seems to be luckier than Oxford, since it's been freezing later... and I have had ENOUGH! :)

julochka said...

i hope that worked. where you are anyway.

here, we have sunshine, but it's still way too cold!!! and the back yard has a disturbing amount of unmelted snow.